For starters, here is a guide. Deep purple goes with green eyes. Olive greens are best for brown eyes. Purple and deep rose bring out the best in hazel eyes. Copper or darkest shades of blue look flattering on blue eyes. So, choose a shade that best complements your eyes.
2. Keep the rest of the look simple When you use colored eyeliners, you are likely to draw more attention to your eyes. This means your eyes will become attention grabbers. And when you do so, make sure the rest of your look is relatively simple.
3. Balance the look If you are using colored eyeliner, then use shades of brown, bronze or gold for eye shadow. Stay away from using colored eye shadow when using colored eyeliner.
4. Use an eye shadow before the eyeliner
Applying eye shadow first does not just emphasize the look but also makes both eye shadow and eyeliner last longer than they usually do.
5. Avoid a few things There are certain things that are better avoided when it comes to colored eyeliners. Blues, greens and purples are the best colors in the category of colored eyeliners. They can make your eyes enticing. Similarly, there are some colors you should stay away from unless you have a bizarre costume party to attend. These include yellow, orange and red. Dark colors continue to be preferred shades in eyeliners. Do not neglect the bottom lids. Apply eyeliner all the way around the eye for a mesmerizing look.
6. Choose gel or pencil eyeliner & complete your look with mascara Whatever your preference pencil liner or gel liner is up to your expertise, both can come easy after a bit of practice. Traditional black or brown mascara can never go wrong and will also accentuate and complete your look.